Nemera’s e-Novelia® Ophthalmic Add-On Wins “Excellence in Pharma: Drug Delivery Devices” Award
A team of industry experts awarded Nemera’s electronic add-on for ophthalmic droppers with a prestigious CPhI Award for Best Drug Delivery Device in its category.
On October 9th, during the CPhI Pharma Awards Gala, e-Novelia®, Nemera’s electronic add-on for ophthalmic droppers, was celebrated as the best-in-class innovation displayed at the show for “Excellence in Pharma: Drug Delivery Devices.” e-Novelia, Nemera’s smart ophthalmic add-on, has been designed to make patients’ lives easier by offering increased comfort and optimized adherence to their treatments. It works in combination with Nemera’s preservative-free multidose eye dropper Novelia®.
e-Novelia incorporates cutting-edge technology and unique features; Nemera has designed and developed the device to add new functions that couldn’t be provided by standard mechanical devices. Patients will benefit from enhanced instructions for use, immediate usage feedback and compliance information.
e-Novelia combines these electronic benefits with improved ergonomics using mechanical features to make the device easier to activate and electronic functions to assist the patient in delivering drops accurately to the eyes.
This new technology will also be useful for healthcare professionals to tailor treatments and for researchers to perform more efficient clinical studies for example.
e-Novelia has been designed to improve patients’ interaction with their drug by assisting them with:
- Digitalized and interactive Instructions For Use through mobile application and on-device screen
- Reminders to take their dose
- Reminders to reload the device with a new drug bottle
- Information about their drug: expiry date, dosage, batch number
- Feedback and guidance to use their device the right way: tilt and shaking indication, buzzer, detection of wrong usage
- Improved ergonomy and user friendliness featuring an eye cup and a bottle squeezing aid
Nemera’s smart eyedropper showcases several electronic features, which could be transferred across multiple device platforms:
- Compliance rate
- Treatment history
- Remaining volume indication
- Optimal position for drop into eye (via traffic lights)
- Actuation ease of use
- User instructions
- Smartphone application and notifications
- Shaking formulation indication
- RFID tag on eyedropper bottle to collect data
You can learn more about e-Novelia® at https://www.nemera.net/smart-ophthalmic-add-on-e-novelia/.
Nemera is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of drug delivery solutions. Its expertise covers all five modes of delivery: parenteral (auto-injectors, pens, safety devices & implanters), ophthalmic (multidose, preservative-free eyedroppers), nasal, buccal, auricular (pumps, valves and actuators for sprays), pulmonary (pMDIs, DPIs), dermal and transdermal (airless & atmospheric dispensers). Nemera provides solutions for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology & generics industries, from full solution development to pure contract manufacturing, through customized solutions. For more information, visit www.nemera.net.
Total Page Views: 150