Search Results for: FORMULATING PEPTIDES Novel Formulations for
- INNOVATION AWARDS – Drug Delivery Award Winners Move Innovation Needle; Formulation Takes Center Stage
Marc Dresner presents the three companies that were honored by their industry peers with prestigious awards for breakthrough drug delivery innovation at the Institute for International Researchâ€™s 17th annual Drug Delivery Partnerships conference.
- LIPOSOME PREPARATION TECHNOLOGY – Freeze Fracture Electron Microscopic (ff EM) Examination & Analysis of Liposomes Produced by Covaris AFA Technology
Srikanth Kakumanu, PhD, and Rajeev A. Jain, PhD, explain how an alternative ultrasonic processing technology allows manufacturing of liposomes of predetermined sizes and offers an efficient, isothermal, and non-contact process.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Transdermal, Topical & Subcutaneous Drug Delivery: Extending Pipelines & Improving Self-Administration
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin explores how the movement of home care and self- administration is pushing the development of this growing sector in drug delivery.
Edward T. Maggio, PhD, examines how alkylsaccharides offer exciting prospects for novel formulations, providing non-invasive delivery, stabilization, and immunogenicity reduction for biotherapeutic products, resulting in broader patient acceptance and compliance and an increase in their acceptance as viable commercial pharmaceuticals.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Outsourcing Formulation Development & Manufacturing: Early-Stage Partnerships Are On The Rise
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin asked leading CMOs and CDMOs to describe the value-added services they offer with respect to formulation and manufacturing. Solving challenges of insufficient solubility, poor stability, identifying excipient candidates, and particle design topped their list of offerings.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin recently interviewed several topical, transdermal, and subcutaneous product manufacturers to find out how they are working with patients and physicians to develop delivery systems that meet their needs for comfort, compliance, and more effective delivery.
- LIPID-BASED DELIVERY SYSTEMS – New Approaches for Macromolecule Oral Delivery, Abuse Deterrence & Bioavailability Enhancement
Julien Meissonnier reviews the development of a broad range of advanced oral drug delivery technologies, including a toolkit of technologies based upon the broad application of lipid-based drug delivery systems for optimum solubility enhancement.
- FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY – A Novel Drug Delivery System That Offers Zero-Order/Near Zero-Order Release Profile of Low-Dosage Strength Tablets Containing Highly Soluble Actives
Thomas B. Gold, PhD, was awarded a US patent; the intellectual property centers on formulation development technology that allows for the steady, continuous release of API over a particular duration of time to mitigate variations or spikes in therapeutic benefit.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights many of the latest techniques to enhance bioavailability and solubility, how to determine the right technique for your compound, and how some companies are realizing faster time to market as a result.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin speaks with several innovative companies on their science, techniques, and technologies aimed at improving bioavailability and solubility.
Contributor Cindy H. Dubin highlights the techniques various excipient manufacturers are using to develop more innovative and effective ingredients to improve the performance of drug molecules.